Our Scientific Advisory Board
Professor Richard Boyd (CSO)
- Professor of immunology at Monash University, Co-Director Australia – China Centre for Excellence in Stem Cells
- Expert in the nature and function of the thymus microenvironment for forming T cells from blood stem cells and pioneer of clinical trials to boost the T cell-based immune system in cancer patients through rejuvenation of the thymus.
Dr Miles Prince (Clinical Advisor)
- Clinical oncologist at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Head of Cancer Research at the Epworth Private Hospitals, Melbourne and a Professor at both Melbourne and Monash universities.
- Miles is engaged in major stem cell research and the mechanisms of the immune systems’ control of blood and cancer growth.
Professor Michael Brown
- Heads the Cancer Clinical Trials at Royal Adelaide Hospital where he is also a medical oncologist.
- Pioneer of phase 1 trial of CAR T cell therapy for metastatic melanoma.
Dr Irving Weissman
- Professor, Pathology, Biology and Member Stanford Cancer Institute, Director Institute of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine.
- Acknowledged as the most cited scientist in stem cell sciences and the most internationally recognised innovator in stem cells and regenerative medicine. His work in developing new immune approaches for treating cancer is leading a medical revolution in this field.
Professor Hiroshi Kawamoto
- Head, Laboratory of Immunology, Department of Regeneration Science and Engineering, Institute for Frontier Life and Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Japan.
- Global leader in T cell differentiation and pioneer in the induction, cloning and expansion of killer T cells specific for tumour antigens using iPS cell technology.
Professor Jacques Miller
- Acknowledged as the scientist who discovered the immunological function of the thymus in 1961 and who identified the existence of the two major types of lymphocytes, T and B cells, in 1967.