Cartherics Pty Ltd ABN 51 602 297 807
Cartherics is committed to the privacy of our clients, we are bound by the provisions of the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the “Privacy Act”).
Further information about the application of the Privacy Act can be found at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
‘Personal information’ means information we hold about you from which your identity is either clear or can be reasonably determined. When you give us your personal information, it imposes a serious responsibility on us. Protecting your privacy when handling your personal information is very important to us and is fundamental to the way we serve you.
Special provisions apply to the collection of personal information which is sensitive information. This includes health information (which is itself defined in the Privacy Act) and information about a person’s race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences and criminal history.
Collection of personal information by Cartherics
To the extent required by the Privacy Act:
- Cartherics will not collect personal information about you unless that information is necessary for one or more of our functions or activities;
- Cartherics will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner;
- Cartherics will not collect sensitive information (such as health information) about you without your consent, unless that collection is otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act;
- When Cartherics collects personal information directly from you, we will take reasonable steps, at or before the time of collection, to ensure that you are aware of certain key matters, such as the purposes for which we are collecting the information, the organisations (or types of organisations) to which we would normally disclose information of that kind, the fact that you are able to access the information and how to contact us (for example, where personal information is collected on a form, we will generally include a written privacy statement on the form which sets out these details);
- Cartherics will collect your personal information directly from you where it is reasonable and practicable to do so. Where Cartherics collects information about you from a third party, we will still take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the details set out above.
Uses and sharing
We use the personal information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it, or for a directly related purpose. We may also use your personal information where required or permitted by law. We may also use your information where you have provided us with your express or implied consent.
We do not share your personal information with other organisations unless:
- you give us your express consent, or
- sharing is otherwise required or permitted by law, or
- this is necessary on a temporary basis to enable our contractors to perform specific functions.
When we temporarily provide personal information to companies who perform services for us, we require those companies to protect your personal information as diligently as we do.
We have a strict duty to maintain the privacy of all personal information we hold about you. However, certain exceptions do apply. For example, where disclosure of your personal information is authorised or required by law.
Accessing your information
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. This right is subject to certain exceptions (see below) allowed by law.
Cartherics will, upon your request, and subject to applicable laws, provide you with access to your personal information that is held by us. However, we ask that you identify, as clearly as possible, the type (or types) of information requested. Cartherics will deal with your request in a reasonable time.
Updating your information
It is inevitable that some personal information which we hold will become out of date. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information which we hold remains accurate and, if you advise us of a change of details, we will amend our records accordingly.
Where your information has been disclosed to a third party, Cartherics will take reasonable steps to notify the third party of the correction.
This site and all intellectual property rights are owned by us. These intellectual property rights are protected by Australian and international laws.
Nothing contained on this site is to be interpreted as a recommendation to use any information on this site in a manner which infringes the intellectual property rights of any person, company or entity. We make no representations or warranties that your use of the information on this site will not infringe such intellectual property rights.
Cartherics is committed to keeping your trust by protecting and securing your personal information.
We employ appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to protect personal information from unauthorised disclosure, loss, misuse or alteration.
We limit access to personal information to individuals with a business need consistent with the reason the information was provided. We keep personal information only for as long as it is required for business purposes or by the law.
Cartherics protects your personal information by complying with Information Security Standards, Industry Schemes and Statutory obligations.
When we no longer need to use your information, we will take steps to properly de-identify or destroy it.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have a complaint or any queries about the personal information Cartherics holds about you or the way we handle this information. Our contact details for privacy queries are set out below.
Contact: Karen Loudon
Telephone: 03 8572 2500 Email: email@example.com