Our Key Consultants
Dr Miles Prince (Clinical Advisor)
- Clinical oncologist at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Head of Cancer Research at the Epworth Private Hospitals, Melbourne and a Professor at both Melbourne and Monash universities.
- Miles is engaged in major stem cell research and the mechanisms of the immune systems’ control of blood and cancer growth.
Professor Michael Brown
- Heads the Cancer Clinical Trials at Royal Adelaide Hospital where he is also a medical oncologist.
- Pioneer of phase 1 trial of CAR T cell therapy for metastatic melanoma.
Dr Peter Hudson (Scientific Advisor)
- Founder/ CSO of multiple life science companies, with a focus on antibody technologies.
- A scientific expert with extensive expertise in commercial development of protein-based therapeutics with over 100 published reports and over 20 patents submitted.
Dr Maureen Howard (Project Management Advisor)
- Project management specialist who recently guided the immune CD47 cancer project at the Stem Cell Institute, Stanford University into clinical trials.
- VP Research Androgen, Corixa, ChemoCentrix California, Director Immunology DNAX, visiting scientist NIAID at NIH.
Dr Yijia Li (China Business Consultant)
- Director of Yunnan Province Stem Cell bank, Yunnan Shunxi Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Research Centre, Kunming, Yunnan, China.
Dr Leigh Dayton (Communications Advisor)
- A multi-award-winning science writer and broadcaster, previously with The Australian, the ABC, the Sydney Morning Herald and New Scientist magazine.
- Her PhD (2018) examines the barriers to scientific innovation in Australia.
- Focuses on helping discoveries move from the laboratory to the marketplace.
- Is a “genome editor” – he works on genetically engineering human cells to treat severe disease.
- An associate adjunct professor in the Department of Molecular and Cell Biology at UC Berkeley, for the past 14 years he has taught genetics, biochemistry, and general biology, and prior to that he taught genetics at Brown, where he won a Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching.
- In 2014, he was placed by Thomson Reuters on the list of “The World’s Most Influential Scientific Minds.”
Dr. Mahendra Rao
- Is an eminent scientist in the field of stem cell biology.
- Internationally known for his research on human embryonic stem cells (hESCs) and has over two decades worth of experience, not only in the academic aspects of the field, but also in government, regulation and the industrial and clinical applications of stem cells.