Cartherics Pty Ltd cartherics.com is a private, early-stage, cellular immunotherapy company, with a core focus on the development of CAR-T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. It aims to be a world leader in the development of “off-the-shelf” CAR-T cell products. It employs ~15 full-time scientists, complemented by support staff, part-time employees and a pool of experienced advisors and consultants. The company’s operations are based at the Monash Health Translation Precinct (MHTP) in Clayton.
The IP Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing Cartherics’ portfolio of IP assets, including patents, patent applications, trade-marks and other proprietary materials. In the first instance the role will be part-time (up to 0.75 FTE) but with the potential to grow to a full-time position with expansion of the company and its IP portfolio.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
· Managing the interface with the company’s external patent counsel on the filing and prosecution of patent applications
· Working with external counsel and company scientists in the preparation of responses to issues arising during the patent examination process
· Working with company scientists to identify opportunities for new patents and the drafting of provisional patent applications
· Undertaking patentability assessments of potential new inventions
· Undertaking (in collaboration with external patent advisors and service providers) freedom-to-operate assessments of company products and technology
· Working in collaboration with the company’s business development team to assess the scope and value of in-licensed IP opportunities
· Working with external counsel on defending the company’s IP against third party infringement
· Building efficiencies into Cartherics’ IP management costs
The IP Manager will report to the CEO, with day-to-day guidance, as required, from the company’s Corporate Advisor.
Proposed salary level: $120,000 – $150,000 pa. depending on professional experience and qualifications. Performance based company share options also available.
Background and experience:
· PhD (or equivalent) in a field related to Cartherics’ technology (such as cellular immunotherapies, T cells, CAR-T cells, cellular engineering, etc.)
· Qualified patent attorney + minimum of 4 years post qualification experience either in private practice or in-house
· Ability to work unsupervised but also as part of a diverse team
· Passion for translation of research into products
· Previous experience in an early-stage company
· Exposure to, or training in, business development activities
The position would ideally be suited to a person looking to return to the workforce, looking to move into a small company environment, or seeking a pre-retirement opportunity. The company provides a flexible work environment and will offer a competitive salary along with the opportunity to participate in its employee share option plan.
Contact: Prof Alan Trounson email@example.com